Whether your friend is celebrating a big birthday or has recently got a new job, buying them a special gift is a great way to show you care. However, instead of going for something generic like chocolates and gift cards – why not focus on buying something they truly enjoy?
For example, if your friend is a tabletop gamer or enjoys RPG video games, buying them gifts based on these interests is a great way to go. This way, you know that your present will be put to good use.
With that in mind, here are some of the best gifts you can buy for your gamer buddy!
- A Gaming Chair. When gaming, it’s important that you create the best gaming setup, especially if you’re going to be playing for a few hours at a time. As a result, a gaming chair is a great gift, especially if your friend spends a lot of time behind the screen.
- Gaming add-ons. If you know that your friend plays one game more often than others, then you can buy them gifts that enhance their playing experience by unlocking new features. For example, if they play games such as Diablo 2, you can go now and purchase Resurrected Items for them, such as runes, jewels, and magical items.
- Gaming accessories. Again, depending on your friend’s favorite game, gaming accessories can also be a great choice of gift. For example, if your friend is a Dungeon master whenever you play Dungeons & Dragons, then you could buy them a range of d&d accessories such as new dice, a campaign notebook, or battle maps.
- Plan a movie night. There are plenty of inexpensive ways to celebrate your friend’s special day. For example, you could plan a movie night for them, where you focus on movies that are based on games. While there’s still a lot of hype building about the dungeons and dragons movie (set for 2023 release) there are plenty of movies that RPG fans will love.
- New games. Perhaps the easiest gift option when buying a gift for a gaming fan is a new game – especially if it is part of a franchise they have not played before but you think they will enjoy. If you aren’t sure where to get started, you could check out this list of the best new RPG video games for some inspiration.
- Plan a gaming night in. Hosting a party for your friend (or more specifically a gaming party) is another great way to mark a special occasion, and takes a lot of pressure off their shoulders as they don’t have to plan it themselves. Thankfully, planning the perfect gaming night in, is rather straightforward. You simply need to get a group of friends together, select which game (or games) you’d like to play, and simply hAVE FUN. You should also ensure that you have plenty of food and drink on hand (perhaps even some themed snacks) to ensure everyone has plenty of energy to play into the night.