This page is a collection of all the D&D random encounter tables I have created. Feel free to use them in your Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, or other tabletop role-playing game campaign. Be sure to bookmark this resource as I will be updating it with more random tables goodness. Thanks for reading, and I hope you find these useful for all your RPG needs.
D&D Random Encounter Tables
This is a list of the D&D Random Encounter Tables I have created. Feel free to use them in your own campaign. You might need to make some adjustments, but they should give you some good ideas.
- 1d20 Random Forest Encounters – These all take place in the “Black Forest,” an area that can be plopped into your world. The list includes 20 D&D random encounters for a forest setting. A brief description of the area and descriptions of 8 NPCs is also included.
- 1d20 Random Swamp Encounters – This is a list of 20 random encounters in a swamp. They are fairly generic, but they can come together to tell a unified story with a bit of work on the DM’s part. Each description is about a hundred words or so. Some NPC data is included.
- d100 Encounters in a Fantasy City – This is a massive random encounter table with 100 unique and interesting encounters in a large, magical city. Players will be kept on their toes with some of these encounters. There is a small cast of characters in this resource.
- Non-Combat Swamp Encounters: 1d100 – This is a huge list of 100 unique encounters in a swamp. There are a few details that could lead to a larger adventure or campaign, but the DM will need to flesh them out. Overall, it’s a comprehensive list for non-combat encounters in a swamp.
- Non-Combat Random Encounter Table – This D&D random encounter table includes 20 items for players in the wilderness. They are generic, but a creative DM can easily flesh them out. This is one of an ongoing series of D&D random encounter tables I’m creating. Enjoy!